15 May 2008

So Excited!!!!

Tomorrow we pick up our keys for the house!! I can't believe after almost 4 months we are finally completing. I thought it would be nice to post some pictures of the house up because i've done nothing but go on about it, and also, you can see it as a blank canvas before i shabby-chic it all up. The house is one of the first Millenium Villages that are being made all over the country. It's an all eco-friendly community. The patio leads out onto a huge community garden, which will be fab for the children because there's a park, and only residents and their guests have access to it. I haven't put up pictures of the kid's bedrooms because they are pretty much the same as our without the balcony. We also have a downstairs toilet, which i'm actually really excited about lol.

I'm so excited today though and don't know what to do with myself. I've brought down most of our packed things, and now it's just waiting for tomorrow to come. I'm going to the carpet shops tonight to actually decide for definate what carpets we want. We are on such a tight budget though, so it won't be anything wonderful unfortunately lol.

Anyway, here are the pictures. I hope you like it.

I am really sorry about the awful quality of this image. For some reason Blogger would upload it far to tiny, and using Photobucket, it enlarged it slightly and made the pixels all fuzzy. Nevermind, you get the idea of how it looks lol.

12 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Ooh I'd love to live in an eco village. Nice place.

RosieB said...

It looks lovely! I cant wait to see photos of the shabby chic'ing you'll do! Congrats on the move. It seems like forever when you're waiting to move doesn't it? :)

Elaine said...

It looks lovely, and great to have such a good "blank canvas". I'm looking forward to seeing your new home blossom.

Love and Blessings

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CountryMouse said...

the house looks lovely - I had not heard of these Eco houses - what a good idea.
Look forward to more postings on it.
Happy Moving - May the sun shine on you...(but not too hot ..)

Sandie said...

Love the house - wishing you lots of happiness.

Sandie

Joanne Brown said...

What a lovely house and what an exciting time for you!! It's going to be fun to see it once you've put your stamp on it. Good luck for the actual move. Wishing you lots of happiness in your new home :) cougarjo x

Kristy said...

Communal gardens are so good for kids.they get to play out just like we used to but in safety.
Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Lace hearts said...

I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow Lea. It looks gorgeous.
Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. It meant a lot. I'm doing okay. x

Tinyholder said...

I'm so pleased for you! Is this your first bought house? It looks like an ideal opportunity to make your mark! I have to have our place replastered so there's no point in me painting which is a bit of a shame. at least you can start from scratch! Good luck with the move! Sian x

Mrs Jelly said...

Thanks for stopping in on my blog! Make sure you enter my giveaway ... you might win a heart for your new house! xx

Tinyholder said...

good luck with your move. let us know how you get on! :-)

{oc cottage} said...

I can't wait to see what you do!!!!
It's like a blank canvas for you!!
(I love the little door under the stairs...just like Harry Potter!).
Best of luck & lots of pictures PLEASE!

M ^..^